cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shweta12
Level 2

Issue facing with install shield 2008

Hi All

We are creating .MSI in install shield 2008 in 64 bit operating system (Longhorn)
We have 32 bit compiled build using this build we are creating the installer package.

I am user of install shield 11.5 32 bit operating system while creating .MSI file in 11.5 I didn’t see any issue like what I am facing in install shield 2008.

Issue facing with install shield 2008
a. I have 32 bit compiled build with the help of this build I want to create a .MSI file for 64 bit machine.

b. I am able to create a .MSI file for 64 bit installed in 64 bit machine , But while installing this MSI file in 64 bit server, Virtual directory is not getting created in destination computer , If virtual directory defined inside the InstallDIR .

c. However we have found out that while at the time of creating .MSI file if we create virtual directory inside IIS root folder While installing this MSI file in 64 bit server virtual directory is getting created .

Macrovision users let us have your thoughts on this.

Regards
Vijay
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Is INSTALLDIR a folder under Program Files in your install? When you say this is a 64-bit MSI, do you mean that you have set the template summary for the package to x64;1033 (or Intel64;1033) and marked your components 64-bit?
0 Kudos
shweta12
Level 2

Hi,

The INSTALLDIR is folder under Program Files in our installer MSI, and we do have set the template summary for the package to x64;1033 (or Intel64;1033).But still it is not working.

Regards,
shweta.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Are the components in your MSI package marked as 64-bit? There could potentially be an issue with how INSTALLDIR is resolved on a 64-bit machine when it is a subdirectory of Program Files (since there are two different Program Files on 64-bit machines).

Also, can you attach a verbose log file of the install that fails to create the virtual directory?
0 Kudos