cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jweisz
Level 2

IsCmdBld.exe parameters ?

I have file FlukeDMS17New2016.ism (see attachment). Using this file I am able to succesfully vuild my installation files using InstallShield 2016 GUI

File FromGui.txt contains the list of all files which I obtain if I build Release "Fluke DMS 1.7.professional (cofgiguration Komplett) from GUI, File Gui.png contains corresponding GUI.
For distribution I can use directory C:\...DISK1 containing 7 files:
setup.exe
Fluke DMS 1.7.professional.msi
1031.mst
1036.mst
1043.mst
Data1.cab

or directory C:\BurnData\DMS_1_7_00_98\"Fluke_DMS_1_7_professional_1_7_00_98\Complete
containig the same 7 files.

From command line I tried with the following parameters
c:\Program Files\InstallShield\2016\System\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -r "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -a "Komplett" -b "c:\BurnData

The list of produced output files is in attached file FromCommandLine.txt

I expected similiar output as from Gui,
However I cannot find files .msi, .mst, .cab.

Probably (surely) my command line parameters are wrong.
Can you help me please how to set command line paramaters ?

Juraj Weisz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
jweisz
Level 2

If I add option -c COMP then my command line is:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>"c:\Program Files\InstallShield\2016\System\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -r "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -a "Komplett" -b "c:\BurnData" -c COMP

and corrsponding list of files is in attached fiile FromCL_COMP.txt.

It is stillnot what I expected.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It appears that the product configuration and release name are specified conversely. It should be IsCmdBld.exe -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -a "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -r "Komplett"....
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Finally, -a "Build 245" points to the specific product configuration. Project: Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types liteblue.me.
0 Kudos
Jaxon523
Level 2

Can anyone let me know how to modify the product version in the command line without actually modifying in the install shield project. Should I use path variables to achieve this tellthebell?
0 Kudos
Jaxon523
Level 2

ISCmdBld.exe file exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\System. Following is the command syntax to run it to make the build on command prompt:

ISCmdBld.exe -p PATH_OF_ism_File -r RELEASE_NAME -c COMP -a “Build 001”

The first parameter above, starting with -p, is the path to the .ism file that you would like to build. Next, -r RELEASE_NAME is the name of the release.
The parameter -c COMP specifies that you would like your package to be compressed into one file.
Finally, -a “Build 001” points to the specific product configuration.

If a build error occurs during a command-line build, InstallShield sets the environment variable ERRORLEVEL to 1.
If the build completes without any errors, ERRORLEVEL is set to 0 tellthebell.
0 Kudos
badmanlive
Level 2

Project: Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types litebluee.us
0 Kudos
yashsani49563
Level 2

Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the item form in the order line without really altering in the introduce shield venture. Should I use way factors to accomplish this ncsecu login
0 Kudos
sirr_nsaa
Level 2

Hey fellow, i have one question and i want answer to this Can anyone let me know how to modify the product version in the command line without actually modifying in the install shield project. Should I use path variables to achieve this, please help me.. tellthebell

Thanks!
Waiting for your response.
0 Kudos

it may help you
first create a path variable say product verson with a default value and assign the vaiable to the product verson.
ISCmdBld.exe -p "%INST_SHIELD_FILE%" -l ISProductVersion="%RELEASE_VERSION%" <a href="https://topstorevipapp.com/">Download Topstore on Ios</a>
nicolashmartin
Level 2

It should be IsCmdBld.exe -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -a "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -r "Komplett".... Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types liteblue.

0 Kudos

flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants (plants of the division Magnoliophyta,

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this best connection 

0 Kudos

It should be IsCmdBld.exe -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -a "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -r "Komplett".... Some of the ISCmdBld.exe trainwithmable command-line parameters are payslipview applicable to only certain project types Miocado

0 Kudos