cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveen9396
Level 3

Is it possible to execute CustomBuildAction.cs file with the help of Installshield?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working on Basic MSI type project. I am trying to migrate my .vdproj file Microsoft Installer to .ism installers. It was an .exe file I am getting as an output.

My requirement:

I am having a CustomBuildAction.cs File In my local solution code. I want to execute few functions within that class/file via Installscript. The code in that file is written in c# language.

Could you please show me some solution.

I looked into CustomActions > ManageCode..... After that what I need to do? I don't know that.

Thanks,

Naveen G

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Naveen (@naveen9396),

Thank you for your post.

Sorry about the delayed response.

Since you have an EXE as your output, you could try skipping configuring a managed code custom action and try configuring an EXE custom action instead.

You could try giving the Custom Action Wizard in InstallShield a try per the documentation at this link:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/IHelpActionsWizardIDERef.htm

Please give that a try. Does that work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Naveen (@naveen9396),

Thank you for your post.

Sorry about the delayed response.

Since you have an EXE as your output, you could try skipping configuring a managed code custom action and try configuring an EXE custom action instead.

You could try giving the Custom Action Wizard in InstallShield a try per the documentation at this link:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/IHelpActionsWizardIDERef.htm

Please give that a try. Does that work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.