cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jscozz
Level 4

Is Installshield 2011 around the corner?

Is Installshield 2011 around the corner?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
tier_3
Level 4

I'm also interested in the release date for Installshield 2011. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

Next InstallShield is always around the corner 🙂 but specific dates are never posted ahead of time. Historically, it's been sometime mid summer.
0 Kudos
mistigi
Level 3

Marwan wrote:
Next InstallShield is always around the corner 🙂 but specific dates are never posted ahead of time. Historically, it's been sometime mid summer.

I have been talking with their sales and got the same answer, i.e. is expected sometime this summer, which is probably not around corner if you are not an existing customer and need it soon.

Was also told that if I buy now and a new version is released within a month I can return it and buy a new version.
0 Kudos
jscozz
Level 4

I would hope you don't have to waste your time returning and buying again... they should just let you get a free upgrade to 2011 like everyone else does.

Thanks for the feedback everyone... I thought I had remembered the last few updates coming out in June.
0 Kudos
ssvaidya
Level 2

We have been using InstallShield for several years now and based on the release timeframes in prior years, we have typically seen a new release of InstallShield usually in the month of July.

The last post in the Beta forums was for Beta 2 a few weeks ago.
0 Kudos
tier_3
Level 4

Thanks for the update, how's the beta going?
I can't see the beta forums.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Heh, guess I don't get invited to betas anymore. A quick google search shows torrent sites with alleged copies of 2011 Beta available...

InstallShield used to release every six months. Still, better then WiX where it's every few years.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

It's available NOW!
0 Kudos