cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakshmis85
Level 3

Intialization screen does not reflect the new Product name during minor Upgrade

Intialization screen does not reflect the new Product name during minor upgrade.
SayThe current product name is "test 1.1" and the previous product nam is "test 1.0".
During upgrade from test1.0 to test 1.1, a pop up appears " do you want to upgrade test 1.0?". On clicking yes, intializtion screen appears and displays the message
"Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for test 1.0. test1.0- Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait." instead of
"Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for test 1.1. test1.1- Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait."
But the product name test1.1 is reflected in all other screens welcome screen etc
The product name is not hardcoded in the set up intialization screen.the product name is referred through a variable.
Please let me know if this is expected behaviour
Thanks and Regards
Lakshmi.S
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MSIYER
Level 8

Please let me know if this is expected behaviour

Yes it is.
I assume you are using the setup.exe provided by the Installshield Engine.
Then what you see is the behaviour of the exe. It actually displays the existing application's name and then extracts the latest msi and performs the upgrade.

Actually, minor upgrade is a repair or maintenance. But a special one. So the old msi always comes into picture. The old msi is modified during the upgrade, not replaced.

If you do not use the exe and do the upgrade on your own, using REINSTALLMODE and REINSTALL flags, you will not see that.
0 Kudos
lakshmis85
Level 3

Thanks MSIYER
MSIYER wrote:
Yes it is.
I assume you are using the setup.exe provided by the Installshield Engine.
Then what you see is the behaviour of the exe. It actually displays the existing application's name and then extracts the latest msi and performs the upgrade.

Actually, minor upgrade is a repair or maintenance. But a special one. So the old msi always comes into picture. The old msi is modified during the upgrade, not replaced.

If you do not use the exe and do the upgrade on your own, using REINSTALLMODE and REINSTALL flags, you will not see that.
0 Kudos