cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zantagor
Level 2

Internet Installer issues

Ok, I'm trying to do an Internet Installer that should in theory be ran on either Windows or Mac.

Right now, just for testing purposes, It installs 2 different PDF depending on the platform you're on.

I got the whole package built, it creates the Applet folder which I copied on our website.

When I try it, it gets stuck on "Downloading Application..." and doesn't do a single thing.

I decided to try it on my local Apache server, this time it downloads, but then gives me a "This applet installation wizard does not support your operating system. Please use an alternate installation method such as native executable or .jar file installation. " error...

in the Java Console, I get this:
"Installing application...
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: "C:\Documents and Settings\Francois Cournoyer\setupwin32.exe" error=32
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.web.applet.SunsJREPluginInstall.exec(SunsJREPluginInstall.java:28)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.web.applet.WizardApplet$Install.run(WizardApplet.java:416)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Terminated installation."

Anyone got any ideas on this issue? This is kind of blocking our purchase of this product btw.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Zantagor
Level 2

I just tested the same html from OS X, and I had no problems at all, the installer downloaded and installed correctly...(the right file to boot!)

So this is a Win32 issue only. (the installer itself seems to work locally, but not from a website)
0 Kudos