cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzo22
Level 6

Installshield2010 Known issue?

Hello guys, these is a known issue of IS2010 published here http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q207348&sliceId= after I applied the hotfix(use the new ISWiBuild.dll) to resolve the problem it described, this hotfix seems have taken effect, ##ID_STRING## on the dialog disappeared, and the language for my English MSI package seems good. However, when I build a MSI package for Chinese, the UI language is still unreadable, see attached images. And strangely my exe installer have never encounter this problem no matter what language I use. So what could be the reason for this, any suggestions are appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Do you have the Chinese code page installed on both your development machine and target machine?
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Thanks for your reply, the MSI package which have problems is built from our build server(windows server 2003), when I built a Chinese(simplyfied&traditional) MSI package from my development machine(win7), it's ok. You mentioned the Chinese code page, do you mean "Install files for east Asian languages" in "Regional and Language Options" panel, and also why the "exe" package is ok?
0 Kudos