cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcom36
Level 7

Strange behaviour with Strings after importing project from IS2008

Hi

I do have a multilingual InstallScript MSI project (german, french, italian) which I imported into InstallShield 2010 (from InstallShield 2008). After a few tweeks, I was able to generate the setup.exe.

Installing a fresh version of the software with that setup.exe is working without any problem.

But, when I update an already installed version (installed with InstallShield 2008). The program installs correctly and runs as expected, but there are a few strange things:

[LIST=1]
  • During update process, a progress bar is displayed, but the text normally showing on top of this progressbar is blank during the whole process
  • In the startup menu in the programs, the update created all entries again, but with names such as ##ID_STRING74##, ##IDS_SHORTCUT_DISPLAY_NAME3##,...
  • Under Programs and Features, the program name is displayed correctly, but the publisher is ##COMPANY_NAME##.

What am I doing wrong?

The installer is written to offer the choice between german, french and italian. When installing the old version (written with IS2008), the language requester opens where I selected french, it then extracts the 1036.mst into the "Downloaded Installation" directory and installs the whole program. Then, I do run the setup.exe of the newer version (imported into IS2010). It asks if I do want to do the update and when I click on ok, it extracts also a 1036.mst into the "Downloaded Installation" directory. But WHY does InstallShield then not use these entries to translate the ID_STRING74 into the real string?
  • Labels (1)
    0 Kudos
    (2) Replies
    hidenori
    Level 17

Have you applied this hotfix?
    0 Kudos
    tcom36
    Level 7

Thank you for pointing me to this hotfix. It solved the problem.
    0 Kudos