cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installshield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2012 installation problem

I have installshield installed successfully for visual studio 2013.

I am trying to install installshield for visual studio 2012 and it is not being recognized by visual studio.

When I try to create an installshield project in visual studio 2012, I keep getting directed to the Installshield download website.

Any idea what is going on here?
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Not applicable

Visual studio 2012 does show that install shield is installed, but the product is not asking me to activate it. Whenever I try to create an installation project, it is bring up the installshield download website.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I do not see an installshield menu item in visual studio 2012. Did installshield install correctly?
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello David,

Could you please confirm the edition of InstallShield that you are trying to integrate with Visual Studio 2012/2013?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
vhuerta0103
Level 2

I have Visual Studio Express 2012 and installed Installshield Limited Edition 2013.

When I try to create an installshield project in visual studio 2012 Express I don´t to see the option Setup and develop

Can you helpme please.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

In case you haven't found your answer:

InstallShield Limited Edition can be integrated into the following editions of Visual Studio: Professional, Premium, and Ultimate. Note that Visual Studio Express Edition does not support integration with InstallShield Limited Edition.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

I would recommend doing a repair on InstallShield Limited Edition.
Depending on the order you installed the software, the programs might not be linked yet.
0 Kudos