cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashantlade
Level 4

Installshield Dialog Position not correct

Hi,

I have used Installshield 2008 to deliver my product package. I had positioned the default installscript dialogs by modifying the scripts (SdWelcome.rul, SdAskDestPath.ru etc). The Technic I used is a well known and mentioned on the installsite forum as well as here. This involves getting window handle and then providing new coordinates.

However, this week, I have moved to higher version i.e. 2010 and it seems to have broken the functionality I achieved with the above mentioned hack. The script files mentioned above no longer exist in the InstallShield 2010 folder. If I remove those files from my project (I have to remove these files to avoid the compilation error/warnings), the standard dialogs are snapped back to default location. How should I get back to a state which I achieved using the hack in 2008? Is there any standard mechanism that is provided in 2010 InstallShield?

Robert D, Stefan K,
I am sure you must be aware of these things. Kindly suggest me a solution or workaround to this problem as this will stop me from upgrading to higher version of the product. There are many other exciting features I would like to explore in the new version of the product.

Regards
Prashant Lade
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This is covered in the release notes under "InstallScript Dialog Source Code Changes" - you are now expected to use the dropdowns to insert dialog code in your main .rul file (or any other file #included into it).
0 Kudos
prashantlade
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.
I can see the dropdown option. It's COB here so I will check more tomorrow.

Rgds
Prashant
0 Kudos
prashantlade
Level 4

This is issue is closed now. Thanks for your help.

Rgds
Prashant
0 Kudos