cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achim_muehlber
Level 2

Installshield 2019 / NuGet / CefSharp

I'm currently enhancing our application with a built in Cefsharp-Browser.

CefSharp is included via NuGet and comes with a bunch of files put into the project output folder in VS 2017.

I added the projects primary output and the locally copied files to my InstallShield Setup project, but not all files from CefSharp appear in the msi.

On that's includes is cefsharp.core.dll.

On that' s missing is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe 

Any hint on how to get all the necessary files into my mis would be great!

Thx, Achim

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
cvirata
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @achim_muehlber ,

It looks like you have a specific question about the InstallShield product. I am going to move this to the proper product forum so you can get the assistance you need. Going forward, you can post InstallShield question to the forum by going this this link

Regards,

Christine

Flexera Community Team

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @achim_muehlber ,

When we speak about primary output support of InstallShield,it adds many output groups.You can select whichever group you would like to add it to your project.

Did you select the option .Net Scan at Build->Dependencies and Properties under Setup Design->Feature name->Component of primary output?

This specific option will add all the relevant dependencies  to output folder.Hope the exe you had mentioned is dependent file.

Thanks,

Jenifer 

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the mentioned exe-file is not a directly referenced file. My references look like this:

26-06-_2019_16-55-36.png

The mentioned exe-file is listed in the cefsharp.common.props from NuGet:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <ItemGroup>
    <CefSharpCommonBinaries32 Include="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x86\*.*" />
    <CefSharpCommonBinaries64 Include="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x64\*.*" />
    <CefSharpCommonBinariesAnyCPU Include="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\**\*.*" />

<CefSharpBrowserProcessCore32 Include="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x86\CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Core.dll" />
    <CefSharpBrowserProcessCore64 Include="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x64\CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Core.dll" />
  </ItemGroup>

<Choose>
    <When Condition="'$(Platform)' == 'x64'">
      <ItemGroup>
        <Reference Include="CefSharp">
          <HintPath>$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x64\CefSharp.dll</HintPath>
          <Private>False</Private>
        </Reference>
        <Reference Include="CefSharp.Core">
          <HintPath>$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x64\CefSharp.Core.dll</HintPath>
          <Private>False</Private>
        </Reference>
      </ItemGroup>
    </When>
    <!-- x86, Win32 and AnyCPU -->
    <Otherwise>
      <ItemGroup>
        <Reference Include="CefSharp">
          <HintPath>$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x86\CefSharp.dll</HintPath>
          <Private>False</Private>
        </Reference>
        <Reference Include="CefSharp.Core">
          <HintPath>$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\CefSharp\x86\CefSharp.Core.dll</HintPath>
          <Private>False</Private>
        </Reference>
      </ItemGroup>
    </Otherwise>
  </Choose>
</Project>

0 Kudos

I also have this problem.  If this has been solved can I please be notified or the solution posted to this thread?

0 Kudos

Has there been any update on this? I am running into this scenario as well.

0 Kudos