cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sotirisgg
Level 3

Installshield 2015 Limited edition LE activation error and offline support

Hello all, 

we have a legacy project here where we where using Installshield  2015 LE limited edition 

I tried to activate the product after opening the project in visual studio 2015 by entering the serial number which i have saved.

It tried contacting online the activation server but it failed.

Next i tried to perform activation via offline .

It saved the license.request and asked me to email this to offlineactivations@installshield.com

At this point i am not sure if the email address exists anymore.

I contacted support at Revenera Support <support@revenera.com> with my serial number and license.request

and i was assigned a support case Case #02780387.

Support replied that

" The product details are not found in the shared serial number or license file.

Please share the valid activation code/serial number for further assistance."

I am sure i have the correct serial number and "licence.request" file generated from the tsconfig.exe tool 

What can i do now? How can i activate InstallShield 2015 Limited edition? Without the activation the project files be allowed to load in visual studio.

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @sotirisgg,

Thank you for your post. InstallShield Limited Edition has been discontinued, so InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported.

Please review the post at the following link for your options and next steps:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-News/Product-Announcement-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Discontinued/ba-p/217448

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello @Revenera_Ian  since the serial number i was given for free does not work anymore.I tried online activation and that didnt work. Next step was to email customer support and try activate it offline but the customer representive just email a generic response about End of life.

I am currently running the software in trial mode with 5 days left. What will happen after expiration. Will i be able to load the installshield project files in visual studio and built them as before? It seems that i wont be able to continue working with his project and i am forced to upgrade to a newer installshield version and license . Reading this link 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-News/Product-Announcement-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Discontinued/ba-p/217448

it says What does this mean for existing InstallShield Limited Edition customers?
InstallShield Limited Edition customers can continue using the current version of InstallShield Limited Edition that they have. However, as there will be no updates to InstallShield Limited Edition, any product or version compatibility issues identified, will not be addressed.

But this doesnt seem to be the case because it is only for the people who have been able to activate the software before you took down the servers. Is there any workaround ? 

This used to be offered as a free software . 

0 Kudos
sotirisgg
Level 3

Also @Revenera_Ian Other people had the same problem See https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/InstallShield-Limited-Edition-lincense-activation/m-p/152065#M68436

and they where redirected to support email . I dont know if any workaround like offline activation was provided .

0 Kudos

Hi @sotirisgg,

Thank you for your reply. Please accept our apologies for the confusion.

InstallShield Limited Edition has been discontinued, so InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported. Since InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported, activation is no longer available. So I mean that you will no longer be able to to use InstallShield Limited Edition at all.

If you would like to continue to use InstallShield, you are welcome to evaluate InstallShield then purchase InstallShield.

Here is a link to the evaluation for InstallShield:

https://info.revenera.com/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Professional?lead_source=Website%20Visitor&id=Revenera.com

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos