cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gildas
Level 3

Installshield 2009 : Activation problem

Hello,

My working computer has been renewed, so I have installed Installshield 2009, but when I do the activation it doesn’t work, it tells me that I have reached the maximum of activations.

My previous computer is already close to me while i'm saving all my files, but he will leave the company when I have save them all. Do I have to uninstall installshield on it to proceed activation ?

Thanks for your answer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Yes, the previous IDE installation needs to be deactivated before you can activate a new installation. This is done as part of uninstallation.
0 Kudos
gildas
Level 3

On the uninstallation i had the following message :

Error 1905.Module C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System\IsDevWiz.dll failed to unregister. HRESULT -2147220472. Contact your support personnel.

The previous message appears too, when i have tried to uninstall the installshield 2009 software (I try to uninstall IS2009 first, then IS2008).

For informations the Installshield 2009 was an update of my Installshield 2008 on my old computer, but on the new one i have installed directly the Installshield 2009 (and update to SP2).
0 Kudos
gildas
Level 3

Does someone has a part of response ? 😞 😞
0 Kudos