cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijayakumar
Level 6

Installshield 2008 StandAlone License

Hi,

I have purchased Installshield 2008 License with Silver Maintenance. We have received only one license. I am aware that there will be 10 licenses for Standalone Build when we purchase the Installshield 2008 license.

Can you pls confirm whether there will be 10 separate licenses for Standalone with 1 separate IDE license? If so, how can we get the standalone license.

I have 1 development machine and 2 Build machines, i need to install the IDE in development machine and Standalone in Build machine. Can i use the same license in all the three installations?

Thanks.

Vijay
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Here's a link to the InstallShield 2008 EULA:
http://www.macrovision.com/webdocuments/PDF/is_eula_2008.pdf?link_id=productsProductLiterature

It basically says that if you buy 1 license for the Premier edition of InstallShield 2008, you are allowed to install the Standalone Build on 10 in-house computers. If you have the InstallShield 2008 Professional edition and you also were licensed to use InstallShield 10.x or 11.x Professional, you are allowed to install the Standalone Build on 10 in-house computers. If you purchase a CD for the Premier edition, the Standalone Build is available on a second CD. If you get the download of Premier, I believe that the Standalone Build is a separate download. For the InstallShield 2008 Professional edition users who were previously licensed to use InstallShield 10.x or 11.x Professional, the Standalone Build installation is available through a KB article.

You didn't mention which edition of InstallShield you purchased, so I'm not quite sure which scenario applies to you.

Regards,
Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
Not applicable

vijayakumar:

The best way you can get a specific, accurate answer for your case would be contact sales at 800-374-4353.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi,

I have purchased Installshield 2008 Premier Edition.
So, which means that i can use the same license for Build machines where i need to install Installshield 2008 Standalone Build. Am i right?

Thanks,
Vijaya Kumar
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you're still not sure, the safest thing to do is to contact Sales, as Bryan pointed out. Sales would be able to look up your account information and give you guidance on what you can do.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I know that we used the same licenses that we received for Premier with the standalone build and it works correctly.
0 Kudos