Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Server
Level 5

Change/Remove option is missing after upgrade from IS 9

This happens in following conditions:
1. Convert InstallScript project from IS 9 to IS 2008
2. Install program on fresh PC using IS 9 and then upgrade it using converted IS 2008 installer.
3. In Add/Remove programs there will be no option to Change/Uninstall program. Program itself will be present and uninstall is possible via running the setup.exe.

Please, are there any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MGarrett
Level 6

I assume from your post that the program appears in the Add/Remove programs list, but there are no buttons to do a Change, Repair, or Remove?

Open your project in IS2008 and go to General Information \ Add or Remove Programs.
Verify that the "Disable Change Button", "Disable Repair Button", and "Disable Remove Button" are set to "No".

These values correspond to registry values that are set by the installation at
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ {Program GUID}
The Values are:
NoModify
NoRemove
NoRepair

I don't recommend modifying these values in your script, since InstallShield should create them automatically for you. I only mention it here so you can check if they are set correctly after installation, or so you can look at other installed applications to see how the values relate to what appears in the Add/Remove programs dialog box.

If you want a combined "Change/Remove" button, you can set "Disable Change Button" and "Disable Remove Button" to "Yes" and then change the ADDREMOVE_COMBINEDBUTTON system variable to "TRUE" in your script. This can be a little confusing, :confused: since Windows will show a combined "Change/Remove" button when the "NoModify" and "NoRepair" registry values do not exist for your application.
0 Kudos