cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucaCerutti
Level 2

Installscript project: How to force registry to write to x64 section

Hello all,

I've inherited (lucky me!) a Installshield Installscript Project, which I understand to have some pretty serious limitations (if I got this correctly, it is not possible to expand MSI properties in the form of [PropertyName] macros to registry values).

I'm currently trying to write a value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software but it is always redirected to the WOW6432Node. 

I've set x64 to all the components and I've also associated a Registry Set writing that value to the main component. Nothing changed.

If I look context help, manual and online help it is stated everywhere that it should work.

Please support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @LucaCerutti,

Thank you for your post.

To disable the Windows Registry redirection to the 32-bit portion of the Windows Registry, please use this line of InstallScript code:

REGDB_OPTIONS = REGDB_OPTIONS | REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY;

Immediately, after you're done in your InstallScript code with updating the Windows Registry, please use this line of InstallScript code to re-enable the Windows Registry redirection because the redirection will be disabled until re-enabled by this line of InstallScript code:

REGDB_OPTIONS = REGDB_OPTIONS & ~REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY;

Here is a link to the full documentation with more information:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield24helplib/installshield24helplib.htm#Subsystems/LangRef/helplibrary/LangrefREGDB_OPTIONS.htm

Also, InstallShield 2018 is quickly approaching its end-of-life, after which it will no longer be supported. We cannot provide technical support for an end-of-life InstallShield version. This is only a heads-up so that you can prepare to upgrade to a newer version of InstallShield, such as InstallShield 2019 or InstallShield 2020 or InstallShield 2021, while InstallShield 2018 is still supported.

Here is a link to documentation about the end-of-life policy for InstallShield:

https://docs.revenera.com/eol/installshield.htm?_ga=2.175693794.177109205.1626727700-733350101.1618267756

The supported InstallShield versions are listed along with additional information.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

0 Kudos