cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchristman
Level 8

Installscript multi instance directory name change

I have enabled multi instance for my installscript project. I would like to rename the install directory with the instance number appended to it. something like

Instance1 - Program Files\MyAPP
Instance 2 - Program Files\MyAPP2
Instance 3 - Program Files\MyAPP3

although I am not for sure how I can get the instance number being installed. Or how to rename the folder. The Folder MyAPP is a folder that holds all the files that I load into the project, it is not created by the installer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I use a Type 51 CA scheduled ( in both the install ui and execute sequences with Execute Only Once ) before CostFinalize.

I also like to use [ProgramFilesFolder]My Company\[ProductName] where ProductName is defined unqiue ( FOO, FOO-1, FOO-2 ) in the ISProductConfigurationInstance table.

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=179941
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For an InstallScript project, you can check MULTI_INSTANCE_COUNT to see how many instances are already installed; the default OnSetTARGETDIR event handler puts together the TARGETDIR string for multi-instance installers, and you can modify the default implementation. (Same goes for OnCustomizeUninstInfo.)
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

jchristman wrote:
for my installscript project

Dooh, sorry.
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

Thank you I will use the MULTI_INSTANCE_COUNT.

I do however use the TARGETDIR now and set like
TARGETDIR = Program Files\MYCOMPANY\
and it creates something like this
Program Files\MYCOMPANY\MYAPP
when I do TARGETDIR = Program Files\MyCOMPANY\MYAPP2
it creates Program Files\MyCOMPANY\MYAPP2\MYAPP

with my project I just include the MYAPP folder into the targetdir by draging it into the project and using the linking for all files and subdirectories. So I guess I want to make sure it is possible to rename this folder.
0 Kudos