cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriskeag
Level 2

Installing features during Modify

Hi all,
I have a basic MSI project that contains several feature based pre-requisites. These install additional services and files associated with the main install.
Some of these features are selected to install by default, some aren't. The user has a choice to install any amount of them in advanced setup.

My question is this. After an install and some point down the line the user can enter modify mode to add an additional driver by selecting to install the relevant feature. However, on the feature selection screen during modify, all features, which have not be set as 'required' automatically default to showing the red X symbol, meaning do not install. Even if they are already installed.

Is there any way to get the modify feature window to have those features which are already installed to be selected by default? Or show them as already installed in some way? Having them showing as do not install will be confusing to the end user as surely the screen should show what they have already selected?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Reureu
Level 10

I'm not quite sure, but I think you would need at least 1 component with 1 key file in each feature for this to work.
0 Kudos
chriskeag
Level 2

Reureu wrote:
I'm not quite sure, but I think you would need at least 1 component with 1 key file in each feature for this to work.

OK, well each feature has several components in it, each of which has a key file associated to the component.
0 Kudos