Installing client installer using SYSTEM user does not show entry in ADD/Remove Programs
I am installing exe as below.
2. Download Sysinternals Suite from
3. Unzip Sysinternals Suite and extract it to the local directory
4. Start Command Prompt using:
a) Press windows key on the keyboard
b) Right click on Command Prompt > select ‘Run as administrator’ > Yes on UAC
5. From this windows cmd, Path it to the folder where you extracted the
Sysinternals Suite files.
6. Enter PsExec.exe -s -i cmd.exe
7. It launches an Administrator cmd windows, then
8. CD to the location where you have the installer, then
9. Enter command for Silent install:
SV.exe /s /v" INSTALLDIR=C:\xxx\SV /L*v c:\install.log"
Result: SV is installed, but I don’t see SV entry in the Add/Remove
Can someone please help
Are you seeing this issue only when you install with system user? If you install with administrator access are you able to see the entry in ARP.
What project type the exe is build with Basic MSI? or installscript or suite?
I have the same issue. There is no issue when install with administrator access and it shows in Add/Remove Program, but it does not show entry in ADD/Remove Programs using SYSTEM user (PsExec.exe -s -i).
My project type is Installscript MSI project.