cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketware
Level 6

Installing an SQL Database

I have two SQL Databases that I need to include in my installation. They are intended as Demo Databases and SQL Express is being installed as a prerequiste and I'm having the worse time installing them.

All I want to do is place them in a folder. The software will "attach" them. But here's the rub. Everytime I try to install them, when the software runs and attempts to attach them I get an Access Denied 5 error from the OS through SQL Server.

How can I set these files copied over so that they give full OS rights for anyone logged into that PC?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

It sounds like that you log on the SQL Server service as the Network Service account which has minimum privileges on the local computer and acts as the computer on the network. Please try the steps below and see if it solves your issue.

[LIST=1]
  • Go to Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager.
  • Click on the Services node from the left pane.
  • From the right pane select the SQL Server service that you target and go to its properties.
  • Change the builtin login from 'Nerwork Service' to 'Local system' and restart the service.
  • 0 Kudos
    marketware
    Level 6

I have changed the prerequisite definition for SQL Server Express 2005 to the following:

SQLEXPR.EXE /qb INSTANCENAME=SQLEXPRESS ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD=Pa$$word1 SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE"

And I can run this successfully from the command line. But when I attempt to run it in the installation I get a message that the service failed to start.

What can I do to get this to work correctly in installshield 2010?

bob
    0 Kudos