cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjb8297
Level 6

Installing Prerequistes for Installshield2008 MSI Project

I am in the process of building my set up on my app, and gone through the process of setting up what features will be installed depending on what lic key is entered.

However, part of our app uses .net 1.1 and I would like to set that up, so that it can be extracted from the setup.exe ratherthan forcing the user to download it from the web. Or in some cases the user may not have access to the web.

And I would like to do the same for the Windows MSI engine as well, to have it extracted from the setup.exe file.

My question is how do I go about to setting this up. Thanks. 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You should be able to set up both of those options in the Release Wizard when you specify to include setup.exe in your build.
0 Kudos
jjb8297
Level 6

I did try that when I was setting it up, ran into problem with the .net version where it was looking for the file in the redist folder under the installshield programs files folder.

As to the msi, it never did look for the software, so I guess it was already there. I will try the option again for the .net and see what it comes up. Thanks again.:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable

As a further step, you will want to download the redist files from the Tools -> Redistributable downloader to get it to work correctly.

However, installation of the .NET framework requires that you launch the setup.exe and not the MSI file directly.
0 Kudos