cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pslade
Level 2

Installing InstallShield 2015 LE causes Install Shield 12 to gen evaluation dialog

We have a dedicated build PC that we've been using to build release versions of our products.

It's a long life product and we are currently using Install Shield 12 to build the installer. I know it's old but I don't have the bandwidth to upgrade right now and it's been working perfectly fine for us until now.

InstallShield 12 is correctly licensed on the system and I see the correct serial number displayed in the About box.

Recently, for another of our products, I installed and activated InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition on the same PC.

Now I'm finding that when I create an installer for the first product using Install Shield 12, and then run the generated installer, I get a window saying "The Setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield 12".

I tried uninstalling InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition but still get the same problem.

How can I fix my Install Shield 12 so I don't get the evaluation pop-up? It doesn't look very professional if I have to ship product that displays this message.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you are still experiencing this issue, please uninstall InstallShield 12 and then re-install it and activate it once again.

While there is no issues with installing multiple installations of more recent versions of InstallShield on the same machine (versions 2008 and higher) This sounds like when ISLE was activated it may have impacted a shared data location for the IS 12 licensing and reinstalling IS 12 may resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
pslade
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

From searching through some other posts on this forum I tried someone's suggestion to run the installer generation from an administrator console (we use command line invocation of InstallShield). That worked and now generates Installers that do not have the evaluation pop-up.

So I have a workaround at least. When I get some time I may try uninstalling and re-installing. But I am nervous of breaking something in the process.
0 Kudos