cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmailsu
Level 2

Installershield 11.5 problem

Hi Experts
I created installer application using Installershiled 11.5 version. Mine development environment are as follows:-

1) Installershield 11.5 ,

2) Visual Studio 2008 professional,

3) XP Window Operating System.

When I run the installer on Window 7 and run the application after installing mine application. It display “Program Compatibility Assistant “ Window. Please tell me how I solved this problem. Its urgent .

Thanks & Regards
Vikas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallShield 11.5 doesn't support Windows 7 (or even Windows Vista), so although most installers created with InstallShield 11.5 and earlier should run on these two operating systems, if you are encountering problems, you should strongly consider upgrading to a version which does support your target operating systems.

That said, it sounds like you're describing a problem that occurs only once you run your application, and depending on the exact message, may be something you have to change in your application or its dependencies. If this is the case, upgrading InstallShield is unlikely to be relevant (although I would still suggest it, given how old InstallShield 11.5 is), and you should look for suggestions specific to your error message. Perhaps peruse the AppCompat Guy's blog.
0 Kudos