cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keshriar
Level 2

Installer which works in Windows 2008 doesn't work properly in Windows 2003, Win- XP

I have created one installer only for Windows 2008. This just copies few application binaries and makes them service. During un-install the installer deletes few log files, After StopServices, which gets created when user runs the application. Before the installation begins the installer checks whether a particular driver is present or not.

Now, to make it work in other OSs, I changed few things. I removed the OS checking (so that it should work in all the OSs) and I removed the driver checking also.
After building this new .ism file the installation is going fine (in Windows 2003 and Win - XP) but during un-installation the log files are not getting deleted. There is one custom action which calls one function and inside that function I'm using DeleteFile() function to delete files. This is a Basic Msi project.

One strange fact is, though the newly created installer is giving problem during un-installation in Win 2003 or XP but it is still working fine in Windows 2008.

Can anyone plz help me out from this problem. I am eating my head for the last 5 days but couldn't find out any thing.:mad:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
girishkatti123
Level 7

check if the DeleteFile function returns the correct return value. Also check if the function trying to delete the log files is looking at the correct path.
0 Kudos