cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puja_kulkarni
Level 3

Installer ends with the following error - on AIX

Hello All,

Installer is working properly on Windows 2003, but installation on AIX platform ends with following error -

com.ibm.wizard.platform.aix.AixRegistryServiceImpl, err, com.installshield.database.ISSqlException: File input/output error: /usr
/lib/objrepos/InstallShield/Universal/common/Gen2/_vpddb/vpd.script

help needed ASAP.......

:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
puja_kulkarni
Level 3

let me elaborate more ...

I have used InstallShied multiplatform to build installer for our product.

The installer is working fine with windows. But the installer for AIX ends with following error message at log file.

com.ibm.wizard.platform.aix.AixRegistryServiceImpl, err, com.installshield.database.ISSqlException: File input/output error: /usr
/lib/objrepos/InstallShield/Universal/common/Gen2/_vpddb/vpd.script in statement [INSERT INTO Installed_Software_Object (Installed_Software_Object_Id, Softwar
e_Object_Uid, Install_Location, Instance, Version, Install_Status, Active, Publicly_Shared, Vendor_Name, Vendor_Website, Name, Display_Name, Description, Unin
stall_Information, IsProduct, Includes_Uninstaller_Engine, Engine_Version)
at com.installshield.database.TransactionProcessor.update(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.VPDDef.saveObject(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.VPDDef.saveObjects(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.VPDDef.saveSoftwareObjectCache(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.PureJavaRegistryServiceImpl.writeVPD(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.PureJavaRegistryServiceImpl.finalizeRegistry(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))

But the uninstaller is created.When I tried to run uninstaller.bin it gives the following error -

could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.solaris.SolarisSystemUtilServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.solaris.SolarisSystemUtilServiceImpl
could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SystemUtilServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SystemUtilServiceImpl
could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32WizardInitializeServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32WizardInitializeServiceImpl
could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl
could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.solaris.SolarisRegistryServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.solaris.SolarisRegistryServiceImpl
could not load service implementor com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32PPKRegistryServiceImpl due to the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32PPKRegistryServiceImpl
ServiceException: (error code = 200; severity = 0; exception = [java.lang.NullPointerException])
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

Help needed ASAP...... 😞 😞
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

Can you elaborate on your problem!

When you say the AIX installer ends with that message in the log - did the installer complete then you looked in the log and seen this message - or did you get an install error and this message was in the log?

Have you got any installations to install on this AIX machine? If you have, are you changing the UID's to your features and components - because this will cause problems in the VPD when using the same UIDS for different products. But usually that is on uninstall - it maybe different on AIX, I'm not sure!

Set these 2 env variables

export JNILOG=1
export ISJELOG=255

and then run the installer with the '-is:log logfile' and attach the logfile to this post, can probably help you a little better!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
sandy_versant
Level 3

Well, the Class not found error occurs when any jar or zip file of classes is not included in CLASSPATH..

Also, the Null pointer Exception error has got something to do with some initialization of some variable in your custom code..
0 Kudos
puja_kulkarni
Level 3

Thanks for reply....:)

"AIX installer ends with that message in the log" means - the installer completes installation and then I looked in the log file and seen this message.

PFA log file.
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

Have you istalled any other products that you created on this server successfully?

It's obviously having issues writing to the VPD.

I'm not sure what the exact issue is but, I would check check and make sure you are not duplicating any UID's for your components and features for this product and if you have installed any other products, you do not want to duplicate UID's between the products!

If that is not the case - this maybe a call to IS Suporrt!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
puja_kulkarni
Level 3

Thanks for reply ....

I have not istalled any other products on that AIX machine(It is a test machine).Actually I will remove all the files and folders which are in /usr/lib/objrepos/InstallShield/Universal/common/Gen2/ folder and then I will try to run this installer.

If I am not wrong the UID is associated with the product right?...:confused:
(The UUID is defined at Installation Information -> General Information view -> product Properties -> UUID)
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

Did that work removing the folders? I would rename it instead of removing but I have a feeling it's too late!!!

If you have not installed anything else on this machine, I doubt this is the problem! I've had VPD issues copying one project to another and using the same UID's for components. But - had issues un-installing, not installing!

There is a separate UID for all features, sub-features and components! They are located in the Advanced Properties in the InstalltionDesign.
0 Kudos
puja_kulkarni
Level 3

Thanks for reply....

Did that work removing the folders? - No it didn't work.

Do you know any other reasons for this problem to occur ?...
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

If you Create a new Install, just add 1 feature, 1 component and add a simple file to it, build the installer and try running that installer on AIX and see if you get the same error!

You can also try using a Bundled JVM and remove the Search JVM's!

Do you have the patch for 11.5? When you run your GUI, do you see SP1?

Other than that - call IS Tech Support and let us know how you made out!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos