cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShintaroTakechi
Level 3

Installer does not display localized billboards

We have a InstallShield project which uses Billboards. We have localized the installer and now would like to display the billboards in that particular languages. I have prepared bbrd**.bmp for separate languages. Built the installer for that particular language and ran it, but billboard does not show up.

Most weird thing is that the Language Independent billboard images does not even show up. When English one would display this language independent billboard no problem. (I intentionally did not include the bbrd**.bmp for English Billboard so I can make sure the Language Independent one works for those languages we do not have the billboards yet).

What is the cause of this?

Any inputs would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

It's not reproducible on my end. Would it be possible for you to post a sample project that exhibits the behavior?
0 Kudos
ShintaroTakechi
Level 3

I have essentially stripped out everything except for our billboard setting.
Essentially, no matter how many languages we set our bbrdXX.bmp files, the billboard does not show up.
I can see from verbose command install of setup.exe (by setup.exe /v"/lv C:\log.txt"), I can see that bbrd files are being extracted, but it does not get shown.

If you need further files/attachment, I will include it on next post.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It looks like that you use the same billboard images for all of your supported languages. Check out the Link To setting of your billboard files. All languages point to the \localized\Japanese\ETAP 16 Billboard-960x720 folder. Make sure that you add the corresponding localized image files to the respective languages in the Support Files/Billboards view.
0 Kudos
ShintaroTakechi
Level 3

Finally figured out what was causing the installer to not display billboard.
The cause of it was due to the fact that I was translating EVERY string in the installer INCLUDING some of the IDS_ACTIONTEXT.
This was leading to some of the copying templates to not follow the formats that IS requires.
I do not know how it is occuring in the IS but without proper formats for the templates, IS does not display the progress of file copying and thus the billboard is not displaying.

This issue occurred due to the fact that Exporting the String editor includes the string formats.
0 Kudos