cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tooque
Level 3

Installations error out when installing .NET

Hi!

I'm getting an new error when I use an install I've made through Installshield. It tries to download and install .NET and the install crashes after the download.

Its installing onto a Windows 7 64bit machine. It was also given the same crash on a Windows 7 32 bit machine.

Ideally I'd like to have it complete the install and not crash, but in the interim it would be okay if it does not try to install .NET during the installation. I removed .NET from the redistributables section but it still tries to download and install it. I can't figure out how to make it not install .NET

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I re-posted this to the forum for the version its running on, 2013 Express version.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GrantK
Level 7

Hi,

Error 1603 is a generic error so this probably will not help much. At this point I think you are still in the investigation phase.

If the redistributable is not selected in the Redistributables View then it should not be getting downloaded and installed. After you have un-selected the prerequisite make sure you rebuilt and are testing the rebuilt installation. Use the Open Release Folder shortcut key to make sure.

I would also suggest creating a debug log. Run your installation from command line with the /debuglog command after it. See the following link for an example.
https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/INFO/Setup-exe-Command-Line-Parameters

Kind Regards,

Grant
Flexera Software Technical Support
0 Kudos