cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Installation order of Files

I have a Basic MSI project and there is a file I need to be installed first, before all others.

Can I go to the Files table or somewhere else and make this happen?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gridman
Level 8

I found out that you can edit the Sequence column in the File table. Files with low sequence numbers will be copied files, files with high sequence numbers will be copied last.

However in my case, this information will not help my problem. But, hopefully it will be useful to someone else.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello, gridman

"The Support Files view (in Basic MSI projects) and the Support Files/Billboards view (in InstallScript MSI projects) enable you to store temporary files that are to be used by your installation program but are not to be installed.

The location to which the support files are extracted at run time is stored in the Windows Installer property SUPPORTDIR. "

The details please see: http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/robo/projects/installshield15helplib/FAQCustomActionsSupportdir.htm

Hopes this can help to you.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

MSI is intentionally non deterministic. Why do you need this file before all others? I suspect you have bigger issues that should be solved in the application design and not the installer.
0 Kudos