cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MurugesanR
Level 3

Installation log file not showing the status of installation like success/failure

Hi All,
I hope everyone can help me, i am struggling to find the installation is completed successfully or failure using installation log generated by /l*v. I used Basic msi with 3 features. When i was installing the package with UI mode i can able to see the status of installation, but i tried to install the same setup with /qb-! (silent mode) the installation log file is not showing the status of package install. Please help on this for me.

The below statement will appear end of file.

=== Logging stopped: 5/21/2013 10:32:40 ===
MSI (c) (0C:84) [10:32:40:652]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1
MSI (c) (0C:84) [10:32:40:652]: MainEngineThread is returning 0
=== Verbose logging stopped: 5/21/2013 10:32:40 ===

Thanks in advance for every suggession and answer.

Murugesan.R
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The line containing MainEngineThread is returning 0 indicates the exit code that will be returned by Windows Installer. A '0' in this case would be a successful installation that does not require a reboot. A general failure would show 1603; a user canceled install would show 1602. Other return values are documented in the following MSDN article:
MsiExec.exe and InstMsi.exe Error Messages
0 Kudos