cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunAdb
Level 4

Installation happens in two clicks.

Hi all,

Am creating a release build of my project using release wizard(am using it for the very first time). On creating a build based on web and adding setup prereq. to it, then on running setup.exe, i get a dialog saying what all prereq. needs to be installed. On clicking ok, it is extracted and installed. However, i have to click once again on setup.exe to start the actual installation process. Why am i getting this behavior. Am i going wrong somewhere and this is the actual behavior.

Thanks and Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

You have given insufficient information to be able to answer this question, but no you shouldn't have to restart the Installation a second time after installing the prereqs.

Whether you have done something wrong or not only you can say. You haven't been very specific about what happens. Does the main installation crashes after or during the prereqs installation or do you get to a SetupCompleteError dialog? Whatever, it could be because of something you have done in the installation or one of the Prereqs is actually shutting it down either forced due to what exactly it is installing conflicting with IS or just bugged.

Log the installation and see what that says about why it halted.
0 Kudos