cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumeet182k
Level 3

Installation didn't rollback after sql script error

Hi All,

I got a strange problem in my installation package. During project upgrade I am running a sql script through the project Setup and I am getting sql error during installation, the installation process is getting aborted and the previous installation files from the installation directory also getting deleted.

In the installation project By default "On Error, Abort Installation" option is selected in the Script Error Handling section of Runtime tab within the sql script file.

Also, I don't want to use "On Error, Goto next script" and "On Error, Goto Next Statement" option because it makes no sense in my case if you are getting any error during installation and still you want to go ahead with the installation.

I don't want the installation process to be aborted, rather than I want the installation process to be Roll-backed in case any sql script error comes.

If anybody have any idea how to rollback the installation in case of sql script error then please provide a solution.

Thanks,
Sumeet Sharma
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

If you are doing a major upgrade, you might want to consider using a different scheduling of the RemoveExistingProducts action. You can modify this setting in the Upgrades view by selecting Upgrade Windows Installer Setup and clicking the Common tab. Try the "Install setup then remove unneeded files" option and see if it works.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
sumeet182k
Level 3

Thanks Yamanishi. Its really resolved my problem. Thanks a lot.

With warm regards,
Sumeet Sharma
0 Kudos