cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaguar12345
Level 3

Installation Screens show garbled text with all Installation Locales except English

Even though i have the fonts installed for all the languages - but my installation screen shows garbled messages if i run the installer in any language except english.

I will briefly tell you what we have done:

- We have Customized messages that we use on installer screen, we have created properties file in English for those messages with a Identifier/Value pairs.

- We got these files translated in various languages and we encoded them using native2ascii tool with supported encodings for each language (i.e. Arabic using windows-1256, Traditional Chinese using Big5, and so on)

- We kept all these translated and encoded files in one folder [files are named: WizardResources_xx.properties (here xx represents the language code, like ar for Arabic, ja for Japanese etc.)]

- Now, in the string Table we created a new category "MyStrings" and we did a import pointing to the above WizardResources files.

- In our Installation Screens we have given $L(MyStrings, Key) - here Key represent the identifier in OUR WizardResources.properties file.

- Ours is a .uip project and we build the project using stand alone builder which we invoke through apache ant using build.xml to create setup.exe, but the generated setup works fine if we chose English as the install language but with all other languages it shows garbled messages.

Extra Observation: I have noticed that the garbled text is same as what I see when I open my .uip file in text pad

on opening my uip in a text editior i can see:

KEY_LIB_PATH
en
MyStrings
Enter destination folder for library files.

KEY_LIB_PATH
ja
MyStrings ライブラリファイルãÂ®Ã£â€šÂ¤Ã£Æ’³ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ¼ãƒ«å…ˆãƒ•ã‚©ãƒ«ãƒ€ã‚’入力ãâ€”ãÂ¦Ã£Ã£ ãâ€¢Ã£â€žÃ£â‚¬â€š

though, if i open the same file in notepad, i can see the japanese characters as the japanese fonts are installed on my machine

but, on the installation screen what i see for ja (Japanese) is: ライブラリファイルãÂ®Ã£â€šÂ¤Ã£Æ’³ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ¼ãƒ«å…ˆãƒ•ã‚©ãƒ«ãƒ€ã‚’入力ãâ€”ãÂ¦Ã£Ã£ ãâ€¢Ã£â€žÃ£â‚¬â€š

Though my Japanese property file is encoded with Shift_JIS

ie. KEY_LIB_PATH=\u30e9\u30a4\u30d6\u30e9\u30ea\u30d5\u30a1\u30a4\u30eb\u306e\u30a4\u30f3\u30b9\u30c8\u30fc\u30eb\u5148\u30d5\u30a9\u30eb\u30c0\u3092\u5165\u529b\u3057\u3066\u304f\u3060\u3055\u3044\u3002

I dont know, if I am missing on anything:confused: . Please help - I am stuck with the installation client. 😞 😞

Thanks and Regards,
Jaguar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Jaguar12345
Level 3

I forgot to mention that I am using InstallShield Multiplatform 11.5 SP1 Premier
0 Kudos
happyjanezj
Level 3

Jaguar12345 wrote:
I forgot to mention that I am using InstallShield Multiplatform 11.5 SP1 Premier

i met the problem too, what's the answer?
0 Kudos
JooNkeN
Level 2

I've tried any conventional method I could think of, but it still have broken font except for English characters.

I have Japanese Unicode enabled, tried running the setup with Microsoft Applocale, I even set my menu language to Japanese, but the setup still shows broken font.

If anybody knows a fix to this, please help.

Although, Right when the setup loads, it shows the Japanese font just fine.
But after the setup loads and it's ready for me to click next, that's when the font breaks.

Pics:

Starting Setup (Loading):
http://webpages.charter.net/pantsukudesai/pictures/install1.jpg

After Loading:
http://webpages.charter.net/pantsukudesai/pictures/install2.jpg
0 Kudos
JooNkeN
Level 2

The solution that I came to, upon researching was that, set everything back to default (English) all your Unicode/Currency/time setttings/locations.

Then restart your computer.

Then now set your Unicode to the preferred (Japanese for me)
along with Currency/Time settings to the same.

After doing such, it worked fine for me.

I don't know if this will work for you guys, but this worked for me and it's the best help I can offer you.
0 Kudos
happyjanezj
Level 3

i set the language of system, restarted my system, and it woked
0 Kudos