cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_rudolph
Level 6

Installation Minimizes

I have a project that minimizes itself to the task bar, where clicking on it fails to bring it up. The installation is continuing behind the scenes and working, but I'd rather it stay focused on the desktop.

Anyone ever run across this or know what may cause it?

It's installscript. There's no script that would cause it to do this as far as I can see. I suspect it's my prerequisites that may be doing it (.net Framework 2/3, MDAC 2.8, windows installer 3). However, I have not included them in a test and it still does it.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

I have not seen prerequisites for an InstallScript installation. Are you referring to InstallScript objects? Do you use LaunchApp or call a DLL function anywhere in your InstallScript code? Do you use any Windows API calls?
0 Kudos
m_rudolph
Level 6

Eric,

Yes. I meant InstallScript objects.

I'm using LaunchAppAndWait in quite a few places, as I'm deploying a Sharepoint website in IIS.

Mostly using FindAndReplace (function from InstallSite.org) to write lines to .sql files, batch files and configuration files. All XML file writes are done in the XML view however, such as web.config.

I'm calling cscript.exe on some .vbs files, a few batch files, STSADM.exe, some ASPNET utilities, dtutil.exe. I suppose I could comment out each portion and find out if one is the possible culprit, but that's going to be time consuming.

I also have one custom dialog.

I settled on using SdShowMsg to have something on the screen for the user to see with the hourglass going. Seems to be a decent work around for now.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Are any of these being called from the OnMoved event? I found that if I called other programs after the progress dialog disappeared but before the Finish dialog was called the install would appear minimized.
0 Kudos