cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wardbill
Level 4

InstallSuite (Suite Project) Silent Installation Package Selection

Hi Folks,

I have an InstallShield Suite Project that installs 3 applications. Let's call them:

Package 1
Package 2
Package 3

During the GUI installation, I can select which packages to install. However, during the silent installation, using the command "setup.exe /silent", all 3 packages get installed. Specifically, I would like the silent installation to install only "Package 1" and "Package 2". Does anyone know how to do this? Are there command line parameters that can be entered with the command "setup.exe /silent"? Changes to the project itself? I'm probably missing something in the documentation, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Billy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

See: http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/SteSetupexeParam.htm
This contains information on setting properties from a command line.

Assign the appropriate property to the Eligibility condition for the packages in question.

I do utilize properties for eligibility conditions, but I have not tried passing in properties from the command line yet. But the documentation is fairly straight forward.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Note the special property ISFeatureInstall can directly name the features to be installed, sidestepping the need to set special conditions for silent scenarios.
0 Kudos
wardbill
Level 4

Thanks Dan & Michael! I'll give these a try.

Billy
0 Kudos