cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrushikesh1600
Level 4

InstallShield adds unwanted dependencies

Hi,

I am new to InstallShield and still learning. I created a sample installer package (both using MSI and InstallScript one after the other) and included SQL server 2008 R2 in the installation process. During compile time, I get an error telling me the project includes Windows Installer 3.0 as a dependency but the .prq file is not found. Indeed the prq file is missing but I did not add a dependency to Windows Installer 3.0. My guess is that the SQL installation adds this dependency? If so, it is required and I would appreciate any links on how to get and deploy the .prq file. If my guess is incorrect, how do I remove the dependency? It doesn't show in the pre-requisites list.

Thanks
Rishi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Suhas_Hegde
Level 3

if you edit the SQL server 2008 prerequisite using the prerequisite editor , you can see that there will be a dependencies tab where the windows Installer 3.0 prerequisite will be mentioned. Remove that and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
0 Kudos
hrushikesh1600
Level 4

Suhas Hegde wrote:
if you edit the SQL server 2008 prerequisite using the prerequisite editor , you can see that there will be a dependencies tab where the windows Installer 3.0 prerequisite will be mentioned. Remove that and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thanks! Does the trick.
0 Kudos