cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaarthur
Level 2

InstallShield LE for VS 2013 Needed

I purchased VS 2013 Pro from a reseller for a needed platform toolset. It comes with InstallShield LE but upon trying to use for the first time, It redirected me to the Flexera website to register and download another copy, so I assumed. I was able to download 2015 LE and was given a serial number. It didn't seem correct since the website said versions were available for VS 2013 but I went ahead and installed it. Bad idea. It crashed VS 2013. I was able to repair VS 2013 but am still in need of a way to deploy my project.

Can anyone direct me to were I can a legacy IS LE 2013 or if there is any way to make IS 2015 work in VS 2013?
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

2015 LE (typically) should have no issues when using it with VS 2013.

Although, there was a hotfix released that resolved an issue with hanging and unresponsiveness which may resolve the issue you are seeing.

Visual Studio Hangs / becomes Unresponsive after integration with InstallShield 2015:

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ISSUE/Visual-Studio-Hangs-becomes-Unresponsive-after-integration-with-InstallShield-2015
0 Kudos
jaarthur
Level 2

jkell wrote:
2015 LE (typically) should have no issues when using it with VS 2013.

Although, there was a hotfix released that resolved an issue with hanging and unresponsiveness which may resolve the issue you are seeing.

Visual Studio Hangs / becomes Unresponsive after integration with InstallShield 2015:

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ISSUE/Visual-Studio-Hangs-becomes-Unresponsive-after-integration-with-InstallShield-2015

I was able to successfully install InstallShield 2015 LE. I have both VS 2012 & 2013 Pro installed with the latest builds and dates. For some reason after downloading & installing InstallShield 2015 LE (with VS closed) upon opening the program it was hanging on initializing templates in VS 2013. I had not yet installed the hotfix you attached. I let it run for about 10 minutes before killing the program. Upon doing so, VS reopened normally and allowed me to enter the serial number and activate InstallShield. On prior attempts it had not removed the original copy of InstallShield and wouldn't accept the serial number so I concluded that IS 2015 LE must not have been compatible. Looking at previous install log also seemed to confirm this.

Your confirmation that IS 2015 LE should have worked was good news so I gave it another try. While VS did hang on initializing templates everything did finally install properly. I went ahead and installed the hotfix for good measure and that also worked although I don't know that it was actually needed. After installing In VS 2013, VS 2012 installed InstallShield LE without any problems.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you!
0 Kudos