cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKELS107
Level 3

InstallShield 2019 and VisualStudio 2008 C++

I've inherited a program that I'm responsible for and long story short this old code was built/compiled in VS2008 using C++. Whenever I select the program InstallShield 2019 for VS2008, VS2008 opens up and immediately gives me the error "Command allows at most one argument". Any input is appreciated. I figure this is a long shot since I'm using such an old compiler.

If you have any ideas again it's appreciated. Assume I have no idea what I'm doing when you respond please!

-Cheers

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @MIKELS107 ,

Can you repair/reinstall Installshield 2019, and see whether you are able to create Installshield project from Visual Studio 2008 new project dialog.

0 Kudos

Hello @banna_k ,

Thanks for taking time to respond!

I uninstalled and reinstalled InstallShield 2019 with the same results.

Additionally on a slightly different subject, when I use  InstallShield 2018 and VS2008 I can get InstallShield to show up in VS. The errors I receive with that version however is that VS2008 is not compatible with *any installation format Installshield provides*. 

V/r

Will

0 Kudos

So ignore my post down below, Installshield does show up as an option when I open VS2008. The new error I receive with IS2019 is "Package Load Failure".
0 Kudos

New error being received:

package load failure

"Package'InstallShield 2019 Package' has failed to load properly ( GUID = {AE3974B-BC20-4242-B922-A14BD0BD41C1}). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future? You may use 'devenv / resetskippkgs' to re-enable package loading."

When I click "no" a couple of times Visual Studio comes up with:

"C:\Program Files\... IsProjBlankTpI.ism' cannot be opened because its project type (.ism) is not supported by this version of Visual Studio. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project"

That error is similar to the issue I had with InstallShield2018.

0 Kudos

Hi @MIKELS107 ,

I dont know what happened exactly in this case, usually this kind of errors  can be resolved by repairing installshield from the Add and Remove programs, or by executing below command to register installshield with Visualstudio.

Close all running instance of Visual studio.

1- Open cmd in administrator mode

2- change directory to installshield system folder

cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2019\System"   ( if you are installed IS2019, or change it appropriately )

3-  execute  TSConfig.exe /registervsip

And before opening/creating any project in Visual studio, just open InstallShield IDE one time after the installation. Then open corresponding Visual Studio in administrator mode just to check the integration of InstallShield. 

0 Kudos