cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

InstallShield 2015 Build fails "authoring tool has stopped working"

InstallShield 2015 Build fails with error message "Error Building InstallShield" "authoring tool has stopped working".

Everything was working fine. Suddenly it stopped working.
I am using Flexeara InstallShield 2015 Premier Edition with Virtualization Pack Version 22 Service Pack 2.

My investigation is When the InstallScript file (.ism) is on local machine, it works fine. But when the file is on mapped drive it fails. I don't want to change existing setup. Please provide a solution.
Labels (1)
(14) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi, This looks like crash on building in which you won't be able to proceed.Can you help us providing below files -.dmp(dump file) which you would find under INSTALLDIR\\System -.ism file that you had used to build with support files if needed(If you dont want to share in public forum,please try attaching in private message) -Log file if you could get Thanks, Jenifer
0 Kudos

Hi, We are also facing the same issue. Please help us to resolve this issue. Regards, Sampath.
0 Kudos

Hi @sampathkumarbn, I would request same from you ,can you please attach dump file(.dmp) as well log file here to assist you with. There is not much clue here other than having ism file in network drive. Thanks, Jenifer

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please help us to find the path to the required file.

Regards,

Sampath

@Jenifer wrote:
Hi @sampathkumarbn, I would request same from you ,can you please attach dump file(.dmp) as well log file here to assist you with. There is not much clue here other than having ism file in network drive. Thanks, Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @sampathkumarbn ,

Please provide the details of InstallShield version you are using.(Meaning specific to SP version,might be IS2015 SP1/SP2)

Both dump file and InstallShield.log(It might not have much technical info,can help in getting some clue) can be found at <InstallShield installed DIR>\<IS-Version>\System folder.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

We are using Install shield 2016. Please find the attached files as requested.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

We are using Install shield 2016. Please find the attached files as requested.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi @sampathkumarbn ,

Thanks for sharing those files.But i couldn't see .dmp(Which will be in iside_XXXXX format) in the attachment.

• Can you tell me from where you got iside.log?
  • Is iside.log of updated one i.e meaning related to the crash that you faced?
  • If not crash you can share the log file under project file(.ism) itself.Eg path:C:\InstallShield <version> Projects\<Project Name>\<Product Configuration >\<Release>\LogFiles

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

Please find the requested details as below.

1. Can you tell me from where you got iside.log? - C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2016

2. Is iside.log of updated one i.e meaning related to the crash that you faced? -yes

3. If not crash you can share the log file under project file(.ism) itself.Eg path:C:\InstallShield Projects\\\\LogFiles- We are building the project from the shared drive but not from the C drive.

4. we don't have any file with .dmp in our folders.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi @, If there is no dump(.dmp) file it is not a crash.I couldn't get much clue from log file(.txt) that you had shared.Only one clue i could get is from iside.log which says "Windows Installer Error 2268: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2016\Support\0409\IsProjWizScriptTpl.ism, 1 MsiDatabaseMerge()" which is caused by "Database: [2]. Merge: There were merge conflicts reported in [3] tables." Can you try reinstalling InstallShield again to see whether it is because of some template ism files been merged improperly? Thanks, Jenifer
0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

We have installed the install shield application in another machine with another license key but we are facing the same issue in the other machine also.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

InstallShield is still crashing after reinstallation also.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi @sampathkumarbn ,

This time also same error on iside.log as well no dump file(.dmp) you could find under InstallShield's system folder?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer,

Please find the attached log file and .dmp file.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos