cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

InstallShield 2014 Security Privileges causes slowness on setup execution

I am facing strange slowness issues on certain customer sites with InstallShield 2014 professional under Windows 2012 where installation (InstallScript type) will run for an hour while in other sites and in internal testing the setup will take about 1 minute or so. In the Media/Releases setting I have left the default "Required Execution Level" as "Highest available". Has anyone else experienced such behavior or is there a security setting I should be doing to avoid such a case. Please help :confused:.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

Muhanned Maayeh wrote:
I am facing strange slowness issues on certain customer sites with InstallShield 2014 professional under Windows 2012 where installation (InstallScript type) will run for an hour while in other sites and in internal testing the setup will take about 1 minute or so. In the Media/Releases setting I have left the default "Required Execution Level" as "Highest available". Has anyone else experienced such behavior or is there a security setting I should be doing to avoid such a case. Please help :confused:.

Well it seems like there is no response to my post. Perhaps further information is required. One of the things we noticed is that on installations on Windows 2012 R2 (x64) seems to occur where a domain user is provided by the customer that is setup as an administrator on the local machine but not an administrator in the domain. So, a typical setup that would run in-house in the testing labs (workgroup administrator user -- not within a domain) would take within a minute approximately but, in the customer site this setup will take about 45 minutes. If anyone else encountered such experiences then is it possible due to security or other environment factors?
0 Kudos