cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard321
Level 2

InstallShield 2011 IIS Virtual Directories

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone could help (or provide advice) with an issue I am experiencing when trying to create Virtual Directories for IIS 6/7.
I have opened up an InstallShield 2008 solution with InstallShield 2011, then built and ran the Installer. The installer correctly sets up the following IIS 6 web site:

However whenever I try to add aditional Virtual Directories using InstallShield 2011's IIS View the resulting install creates the following IIS web site:

Does anyone know why the additional virtual directory is different to the original? Installing to IIS 7 also results in much the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Unfortunately, it is not entirely clear on what the issue is you are seeing based on the attached screenshots.

However, for a point of reference, it should be noted that "virtual directories" created with the IIS view in InstallShield versions prior to 2010 would always create the virtual directory as an application on a target machine. Starting with IS 2010, adding a virtual directory to a project actually creates a normal virtual directory (not an application).

Virtual directories in a project that is migrated to 2010 or newer will be marked as "legacy" items to maintain their existing installation behavior (i.e., installing as applications). Any new virtual directories created will be created at runtime with new behavior.

If an application is needed instead of a virtual directory, an application can be explicitly created instead of a normal virtual directory by right-clicking an existing website, virtual directory, or application, then select "New Application" from the IIS view in InstallShield.
0 Kudos