Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lam1278
Level 6

InstallShield 2010 SP1 Download?

Can someone help me!!!

I have InstallShield 2010 Premier...

For the life of me, I cannot find the SP1 download link anywhere on flexerasoftware.com -- I goto "Support > Downloads" can't find it...

I don't know how to upgrade my IS 2010 StandaloneBuild installation on the build computer? When I upgraded my Development computer from the "Check for Updates" link, I didn't choose to "Download Only", so now I've lost the installation.

Please advise!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The following KB article has a link to the SP1 patch that you can use on your development machine.
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q206429

That KB article also explains how to obtain the updated Standalone Build. (When you check for updates from within InstallShield, you should see a message called InstallShield Premier Edition Files and Utilities. Click the Learn More link in that message, and that will show you the Web page that contains Premier-only downloads, such as the updated Standalone Build.)

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
lam1278
Level 6

So the moral of the story is for my standalone build machines, don't use the CD anymore, use the updated installation that I download from this link (since I have to uninstall and reinstall)...
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Right. The CD has the original IS 2010 release of the Standalone Build. The IS 2010 SP1 update for the Standalone Build is issued as a full installation, not as a patch. So going forward, you'll want to use your downloaded Standalone Build installation, instead of the one on your CD.
0 Kudos