cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesseBearden
Level 5

Error: 1639

I'm having an issue where my installation throws up an "Error 1639 Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help." immediately after doing the feature based setup pre-requisites. This only happens in Japanese(That I'm aware of). If I remove my pre-requisites and make them install before the UI phase, then everything goes fine.

I'm really at a loss as to how to fix this one, or what the issue is. I've attached both the MSI log and the Installshield log. The install itself is a Basic MSI, that's fairly large in size. Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
JesseBearden
Level 5

Well, I tracked it down to my one prerequisite, which seems to not install, but only if it's done in Japanese. This worked fine in IS 2009, so apparently something has changed. It also works if it's done before the UI phase. I've created a small, basic install that reproduces this, so it's not unique to the one I've written. If anyone from Flexera would like to take a look, let me know.

I should add that the pre-req does install correctly, and returns properly(According to a log file, but I still get a 1639 and the main installation fails)
0 Kudos