cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esiemiat
Level 9

InstallShield 2009 SP1 Updates

Where can I get updated copies of the SAB abd MSI Tools for 2009 SP1? The article http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalID=Q200241 has the following to say about this, but all I get for updates is the MSI InstallScript Objects.

To obtain the updated Standalone Build:
An updated version of the Standalone Build is now available as a full installation (not as a patch); you must uninstall the earlier version of the InstallShield 2009 Standalone Build before installing this new version. To obtain the installation for the updated version of the Standalone Build, check for updates from within InstallShield.

To obtain the updated installation of the InstallShield MSI tools:
An updated version of the separate Premier-only installation for the InstallShield MSI tools (InstallShield MSI Diff, InstallShield MSI Query, InstallShield MSI Sleuth, and InstallShield MSI Grep) is now available as a full installation (not as a patch); you must uninstall the earlier version before installing this new version. To obtain the installation for the updated version of these tools, check for updates from within InstallShield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am a Premier user, and that I checked for updates from within InstallShield and was informed that there were none.
0 Kudos
schmoli
Level 6

Odd, you're not trying from a evaluation version are you? I just upgraded to 2009 today and immediately after installing SP1 I noticed it in the updates list. I suppose that doesn't help you too much, but at least it proves that's where it' supposed to be.

0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thanks. Your poist made me realize I had to unhide the updates. However, I notice that the updates do not indicate SP1 and show that they were posted back in May. I downloaded them anyway, and they are different from the original files, but are they the SP1 versions?
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Yes they should be the SP1 versions. You can verify this by checking the file versions of the following files:

For SAB: ISWIBuild.dll should be 15.0.0.533
For MSI Tools: MsiGrep.exe should also be 15.0.0.533.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos