cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinosC
Level 2

InstallSheild 2013 LE 1309 Error when running setup installation

I originally posted this question on Microsoft's visual studio 2012 forum but was re-directed here:

I am using Visual Studio 2012 to create a set-up program for a Windows Forms application from a solution originally created with Visual Studio 2010. The original solution used the Setup and Deployment Visual Studio installer to create an msi for deploying the application.

For Visual Studio 2012, the Visual Studio installer is not available, so I tried to upgrade the original Visual Studio installer project to InstallShield LE. I also created a new deployment project using InstallShield LE from scratch. In both cases the resulting set-up utility fails with the following error:

"Error 1309. Error reading from file "..." Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

For example, if the target location is "c:\program files\AppName\..." and I am running the set-up from location c:\temp. InstallShield prepends this location path to the original target path and tries to read from the resulting path: i.e. c:\temp\program files\AppName\..."

I have also updated InstallShield 2012 LE to Version 2013 but I still get the same problem.

Can somebody please assist me?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly check if you have copied the entire project to the specified location after upgrading it to ISLE 2013.

This error occurs, when InstallShield fails to copy/read the files from the location during build.

Please let me know your observations on this, so that I can assist you further.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos