cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_S
Level 3

ISDEV : error 150: Incompatible version of CAB file

Good Morning!

I have inherited an existing installshield script and a new copy of InstallShield 2013 Professional.
The script was created by my predecessor and I have no experience with InstallShield so I am facing quite a learning curve!

When building the script it stops dead with the following error:

ISDEV : error 150: Incompatible version of CAB file

I cannot find any reference to this error in the help file. I have also searched this forum for help, several users have posted the same error but the only help I could find was a vague suggestion of removing and recreating Releases, which I tried without success.

Can anyone on the forum help me resolve this issue? Or suggest any other resources which may be able to help me?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Richard_S
Level 3

Can no-one help me?
I don't need a solution, even an idea of what might be causing the problem or where to start looking would be better than nothing.
0 Kudos
Richard_S
Level 3

I eventually found the solution to my problem with help from Flexera Support.

I was asked to do the following checks:

Please try to disable your anti-virus software and try to build the project, to see any changes.
It may also occur when, a mapped drive is on a different drive letter. *
As InstallShield will need Administrative privileges, check if there is any access restrictions given to that folder/directory.

* The mapped drive was our problem. When I loaded the project from the local drive, rather than the mapped drive that we use for our source code, the project built immediately with no errors.
0 Kudos