cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattHolmesTX
Level 3

Install relative to parent feature

I am trying to figure out how to make a feature install relative to it's parent features Destination. For instance, if I have Feature1, with two sub features, SubFeature1 and SubFeature2, I would like to have SubFeature1 and SubFeature2 install to [ParentFeatureFolder]\SubFeature1, [ParentFeatureFolder]\SubFeature2

Obviously, there is no ParentFeatureFolder property (nor anything like it that I am aware of), so is this possible?

I need to be able to move the parent features install dir and have all of it's children move with it, and I need to be able to set that install dir in a custom action, it can't be hardcoded at build time. I have it setup now where all the sub features use a directory entires that I change, but that requires a custom action per sub feature. I'd really like to be able to just re-target the parent and have the sub features auto-magically follow. Is this possible?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you had only the parent feature, you could set its destination to (say) [INSTALLDIR], and give components inside it destinations such as [INSTALLDIR], [INSTALLDIR]sub1, and [INSTALLDIR]sub2.

If you want (visible and selectable) subfeatures, you can create them and give them the components with destinations [INSTALLDIR]sub1 and so on. You could then give each child feature an empty destination property, and the destinations would follow the parent feature.
0 Kudos