cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smitty16
Level 2

Install .Net Framework 4.5 with Installshield LE 2013 Setup

Hi Comunity,

I built a WinService with VB .Net 2012 and so I had to build the setup with InstallShield LE, which works in general. Additionally I wanna deploy the Framework 4.5 my Service depends on with my setup, but the omly goal I reach is making my setup telling the user that he has tu install FW 4.5 before installing the service but not to give the option of installing FW 4.5 allthoug FW 4.5 is packed within the setup.exe (large size).:confused: I marked FW 4.5 Full in IS LE prerequisites and chose “extract fom setup”. What did I forget to do?:o Please give me further information, thx.

Regards Smitty16
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

You would want to display a message and halt the install if .NET FW 4.5 is not on the system.
In this case, you would rely on Launch Condition / Install Condition.... But I wouldn't know if that's an option in LE.
0 Kudos
smitty16
Level 2

@rrinblue22

Thx for your reply. I don't think it's possible to do so with IS LE, but if this is neccessary, why can I pack FW 4.5 into Setup.exe then?:confused: It's not Logical to put somting into a box if it is unreachable then :eek:

regards Smitty16
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

The prereq itself has certain conditions before it runs.

The cut off item is to check if Release has a value lower than 378389 at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
Does the machine mean the requirements?
0 Kudos