cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satyendra
Level 3

Install Issue

Hi

I am having a problem with Install Shield setup installation in Windows7. I need to place a DLL in GAC during my installation. I set key for my DLL and setup built successfully. When I am installing I got the below error.

"The assembly is not strongly named or is not signed with the minimal key length"

Any suggestions to solve this error are highly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Can you drag the assembly into the GAC manually? ( Open windows explorer to [WindowsFolder]\Assembly and drag it in. )

It sounds like your assembly isn't properly strong named.
0 Kudos
satyendra
Level 3

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have solved the problem.
I have one more issue with making my DLL visible in COM. So that I can get the DLL from VBA code
Any help is really helpful to me
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

There's a property in the installshield component called .NET Com Interop. Set it to Yes.

Mind you I've never had a reason to put an assembly in the GAC and make it COMVisible. Something sounds off there and I'm not really sure that it'll work. You might want to deploy the file to CommonFiles as I'm not 100% positive that registering the COM types and pointing the codebase attribute to the GAC will work or not.
0 Kudos
satyendra
Level 3

Hi

I already tried to set the .NET Com Interop property to yes and deployed in a system. But I was unable to find it in VBA project references. Any other suggestions from your side.
Earlier I used to deploy this DLL using .Net setup. At that time I configured this assembly with VSDRCom option. You can see it in below attachment.
0 Kudos
satyendra
Level 3

Here is the attachment.
0 Kudos