cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tglynx
Level 6

Incomplete Rendering of the Prerequisite Installer

Hi,

we upgraded our installation project from InstallShield Express 2009 to 2010. The Prerequisite Installer Window does not render correctly in ISX 2010.
After Starting the Installation from a single-image setup.exe the prerequisite installer for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 comes up.

However, the window does not render complete. Parts of the list box header are not rendered! It can be fixed by pulling another window in front of the installer and then minimize the other window for example.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Michael
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing, or email it to me and I will have someone look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Sure! 😄
It happens after clicking on 'Install'...
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I have attached a file that includes the fix to this post. Please unzip the "RefreshFix.ZIP" file and place the "setupW.exe" file in your "...\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i386" folder. Please make a backup copy of the original file first. Then rebuild your install.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Hi,

thanks for the fix. The Prerequisite Window now renders ok after clicking on 'Install'. When including the .net 2.0 Framweork SP2 Prerequisit installer 4.5 gets installed first. The window renders ok directly after clicking 'Install' now.

But when the .net 2.0 Framework SP2 installation starts the same thing happens again during expansion of the .net package and the window is not refreshed again. (approx. 10 seconds). When the installation starts (after expansion) it refreshes...

This is of course just a cosmetic issue, but i thought i would let you know 😄
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I have attached another fix to this post. Please unzip the "RefreshFix.ZIP" file and place the "setupPreReqW.exe" file in your "...\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i386" folder. Please make a backup copy of the original file first.

Then rebuild your install.

Please let us know if this fix solves your issue or not.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
tglynx
Level 6

Hi,

thank you very much! This fixed the issue...

Best Regards,
Michael
0 Kudos