cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDM6763
Level 4

ISSETUPFILESEXTRACT CA Missing

I'm adding custom actions to prevent patching a product that has already been patched as stated in the following post, however in InstallShield 2011 I'm not seeing the ISSetupFilesExtract CA mentioned in this post. How do I get access to it?

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?201711-How-to-prevent-a-re-installation-of-a-patch

Thank you,
Jim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield adds ISSetupFilesExtract automatically to your project when you add one or more files in the Support Files view. It gets scheduled very early in the UI and Execute sequences. If you don't need to use support files in your installation, you could simply schedule the CheckIfPatchInstalled described in that thread very early in both sequences.
0 Kudos
JDM6763
Level 4

DebbieL wrote:
InstallShield adds ISSetupFilesExtract automatically to your project when you add one or more files in the Support Files view. It gets scheduled very early in the UI and Execute sequences. If you don't need to use support files in your installation, you could simply schedule the CheckIfPatchInstalled described in that thread very early in both sequences.

Thank you very much, I'll give that a try.
0 Kudos